Customized Youtube Thumbnail is becoming more and more preferable than the automatic thumbnails recommended by Youtube when the youtubers upload their videos. So how can you create a image that is attractive enough to get the watchers to click on your video? In this article, I will show you an online free design tool to help you do this, it is called DesignBold.
1. Choose a suitable Youtube Thumbnail layout to get started:
DesignBold provides you with the standardized dimension for a Youtube Thumbnail. To choose one layout, follow these steps:
- On DesignBold’s homepage, click on New Design
- Choose View all Doctypes
- In the Social Media category, choose Youtube Thumbnail.
2. Add Images
To upload a Frame or ScreenShot for your video, you can do as follows:
- Click on Upload.
- Choose a Image from your PC, and upload it on DesignBold.
- Drag the image to the desirable position.
3. Add Texts
To add more content to your design, do as follows:
- Click on “Text”.
- Click on your desirable type of text (Heading, Subheading, Body text), then drag it in the position that you want.
- To change the content of the text, click on the text then change it as you want.
4. Add some filters to your Image:
To pictures on your video thumbnail should be the original one. However, you can still play with it and give it a little touch fun to create a creative and outstanding thumbnail with the filters that DesignBold provides. In fact, you can find and apply those filters from the given layouts:
- Choose a layout that has your favorite filters.
- To choose the filter, click on the magnifier icon.
- You can see the filters appear on the task bar on the left, go there and click on the star icon on the filter that you like.
- To use this filter, click on the green bar on the Search section, choose Favorite.
After finishing all these steps, don’t forget to download your design to your computer and change the default thumbnail on your Youtube video!
Watch this video to have better understanding of the above steps:
Want to know more tips to create an attention-grabbing Youtube thumbnail, check out our article for Youtube Thumbnail here.
Design your youtube thumbnail now